Now that we’re entering into the dog days of summer, staying cool and comfortable is most likely your number one priority.
Be as prepared as possible to beat the heat of late summer with a few must-haves that are as easy to wear as they are comfortable.With that in mind, we’ve rounded-up our favorite outfits and beauty products that will that will keep you cool, calm, collected…and cute!
- Lip Balm: Sun, salt, and chlorine can dry out that precious pout of yours, so don’t forget to re-moisturize your lips with Repair Balm by Meow Meow Tweet ($18), Brit + Co.
- Wear-With-Everything Dress: By this stage of summer, it’s pretty difficult to deal with anything outside of comfy-cool one-pieces. Luckily, this dress can be worn from day to night, no matter how high the temperature rises; Short-Sleeved Jersey Dress ($12.95), H&M
- Hair Ties: Keep your hair out of your face (and off your neck) with hair ties that will look just as cute in your hair as they will on your wrist; Emi-Jay Hair Ties ($6.50 for 3-pack), Nordstrom
- Flat Sandals: We love a good heel as much as the next Chica, but on really hot days, it’s all we can do to throw on a pair of flat sandals and make it to the pool; Payton T-Strap Sling ($9), Payless Shoe Source
- Wayfarer Sunglasses: Eye protection is paramount, but you already knew that. Shade your eyes in style with a classic pair of Wayfarers; LUKE Wayfarer Sunglasses ($14), Bluefly
Did you enter our Maidenform #CCFreebieFriday giveaway? Stay tuned – winner will be announced later today!
This week’s #CCFreebieFriday is a summer style essential… we’re partnering with Maidenform to give-away a 3-piece bra wardrobe that includes a strapless, convertible, and t-shirt bra for ONE (1) of our lucky FB fans!
Head over to Facebook for details on how to enter. And don’t forget to check out our favorite links of the week below. Have a great weekend!
100 great gifts for under $30. (Brit + Co)
5 wine bottle DIYs, in case you’re feeling crafty this weekend. (Design*Sponge)
If you prefer separates instead of a little white dress, check out this all-white summer look – perfect for a beach weekend away. (Sincerely, Jules)
The J.Crew x Catbird collaboration is now available for pre-order!
29 must-read travel tips. (World of Wanderlust)
Whether you’re stocking up on basics or are just on the hunt for a bargain, Old Navy is a pretty safe bet for high-style, low-price buys.
Old Navy also frequently hosts great sales. In fact, for the next 48 hours, everything at Old Navy is 20% off – meaning that their already affordable prices are now even lower.
We love this very on-trend athletic inspired skirt (now $19.95), this floral poplin sundress (now $23.95), this pair of suede slip-ons (now $18.35), or even some new white skinny jeans (now $11.99).
You have until Thursday, July 24th at 11:59PM EST to stock up on summer wares or pre-fall pieces. The code to know is FASHION.
Happy shopping, Chicas!
Without a doubt, the dress of the summer is the little white dress (LWD). In a world of print and pattern, there’s something about an all-white look that feels fresh, modern, and clean.
While a little white dress is perfect for the mid-summer heat, the right dress will work just as well come the early days of fall when paired with some nude booties and a light cardi.
These 8 little white dresses have certainly caught our attention. Here are the top, Cheap Chica’s approved picks:
- Swing Dress by Little White Lies, 71% off at $53.35, ASOS
- Flippy Jersey Tunic Dress, $20, Topshop
- Maia Eyelet Cotton Dress, $88, Nordstrom
- Crochet Trim Dress, 38% off at $24.99, Mango
- High-Low Strapless Gauze Dress, 31% off at $39.99, Kohl’s
- Eyelet Poplin Dress, 42% off at $25.99, Gap
- Ivory Halter Crochet Maxi, 40% off at $20.97, Love Culture
- Embroidered Long Dress, 30% off at $69.99, Mango
If you haven’t noticed, we’re having a bit of a moment with shoes.
It’s just that summer sandal season is our favorite in the world of footwear, so we’re experiencing a teeny tiny shoe obsession.
Aside from our sale sandal picks, we had to share a few more of our faves with you. From ZARA’s always-amazing shoe selection to the chunky platforms at Prima donna, we’ve fallen hard for these 7 styles:
- Strappy High Heel Leather Sandal, $59.99, ZARA
- Fay 1 Lemon Yellow High Heel Sandals, $32, Lulu*s
- Dolce Vita Suki Hibiscus Color Block Single Sole Heels, $49, Lulu*s
- Delores Puzzle Heels, $35, Miss Selfridge
- Shiva Slingback Sandals White, $29.99, Prima donna
- Into The Wild CutOut Sandals in Coral, $34.99, Prima donna
- Lace Up Ankle Boot, $59.99, ZARA
Which pair is your fave? Share it with us in the comments!
Aside from Birkenstocks, the other ‘will-you-or-won’t-you’ trend of the season is mules.
If you remember the 90s, then you remember mules: they were everywhere, and now they’re back. Worn the right way, it can be an incredibly chic and sophisticated look. But wear them the wrong way and it can look like you’re back in 1996.
Either way, this is a very trendy look so you’ll want to make sure you keep the cost down when making your mule purchase.
As much as we love these Prada Open-Toe Leather Mules from Saks Fifth Avenue, we’re not about to spend $690 on a pair of shoes…especially not a super-trendy pair. Instead, we’re opting for the Black Heeled Mule Sandals by New Look that retail for $47.62. That’s 93% cheaper than the Prada pair. Woah.
So, when it comes to mules, will you or won’t you?
Happy weekend, Chicas!
Hope you guys are up to something fun, or at least getting some time to soak up the sun. In the meantime, here are a few of our favorite reads of the week. And don’t forget – our #CCFreebieFriday giveaway is extra special this week. We’re giving away TWO Conair Infiniti Pro 1875 Watt AC Motor Styling Tools … you can enter on Facebook and Instagram!
See you back here on Monday!
Ok, so we can’t imagine that you don’t like shopping. (Not that we mind, but why are you here?!) But if you’re not a fan, there’s now an app for that. Meet Stitch Fix. (Refinery29)
Care for a weekend getaway? We’re thinking Palm Springs. (Domaine)
Do you mix and match your bikinis? (Cupcakes & Cashmere)
30 ways to wear white jeans. (PureWow)
How to be a better thrift shopper. (Clementine Daily)
As much as we love the nude look, sometimes you just need to shake things up. This summer, whether you’re cocktail party-bound or just want to put a little pep in your step, be bold with one of these 4 style statements.
Whether it’s a bright, bold lip, a blush bowling bag, or an amazing statement necklace, there’s nothing that screams “Summer!” more than bright, poppy colors.
Need a little inspiration? Here are 4 of our favorite bold, must-have style statements:
So, what are you waiting for? Be bold!
You’ve got your swimsuit and your sun hat, but what about your cover-up?
Sorry Chicas, but a baggy tee and jean shorts just won’t cover it. Instead, invest in a comfy, easy-to-wear maxi dress that you can throw on over your swimsuit and go to wherever the summer wind takes you.
We’re totally digging this River Island Jersey Cutout Maxi from ASOS that would work just as well as a day to night dress as it would as a cover up.
The side cut-outs and matching leg slit are key, assuring that you’ll be cool and comfy all summer long.
Did we mention that it’s half off? Originally $41.92, the River Island Jersey Cutout Maxi is now 50% off at $20.96.
But hurry! There are only a few sizes left. Happy shopping!
The summer sale season: it’s one of our favorite times of the year. And if you can wait, buying sandals on sale is always a good idea. After all, so often sandals are trendier, 1-2 season styles that are worth saving money on.
We scoured this season’s summer sandal sales and found 6 great styles. All are under $50, and over half of our picks are under $20. But trust is when we say they all look much more expensive.
Here are the 6 sale sandals we are definitely buying this year:
Where do you love to sale shop? We’re all about H&M – they’re already low prices are so affordable once they’re marked down even further. Let us know in the comments!