It goes without saying that the crop top is having a BIG moment. It seems like everywhere we look, there are crop tops in all forms – and that’s something that we’re totally ok with.
The great thing about the crop top is that it can really (truly) be worn for all occasions. It works flawlessly on hot day worn with a pair of high-waisted shorts, but can also work just as well for work – so long as you have the right bottoms and jacket to go with it. Vanessa Hudgens recently made the crop top work for evening in a look that we’re absolutely in love with.
Seen here at the 2014 Young Hollywood Awards, Vanessa pairs a fitted denim halter crop top with a flowy white maxi shirt and some boho accessories.
To create your own version of Vanessa’s evening look, go for the Column Maxi Skirt in Burnout Print ($52.24) or the Maxi Skirt in Sheer Mesh ($58.04), both by ASOS.
For the top, try the What’s Up Crop Top from Nasty Gal ($38), H&M’s Short Lace Tank Top ($14.95), or River Island’s Denim-Look Wrap Crop Top ($20). Add some boho-inspired bangles from Target – either the Bangle Bracelet in Silver/Blue ($9.99) or the Cuff Bracelet in Silver/Blue ($9.99).
Vanessa Hudgens image courtesy of InStyle
What are you guys up to this weekend? We’re excited to be in August…it’s one of those months that just feels so perfectly summery and lazy, you know?
Have a great Friday, and be sure to check out these links below with plenty of outfit inspiration, some lusty travel photos, and great bargain finds. Enjoy!
8 great finds under $60. (Real Simple)
Some #OOTD weekend dressing inspiration. (Who What Wear)
A dreamy guide to the South of France… (DESIGN LOVE FEST)
…and some sunny espadrilles to wear whether you’re in France, or just running errands at home. (ASOS)
14 ways to style a crop top. (The Everygirl)
Whatever your summer travel plans include – maybe you’re headed on a year-long trip around the world, or just for a quick weekend away – there’s no doubt that you’re going to need some gear.
Organization is key when traveling, so we’ve put together a little must-have checklist to review as you’re packing your things:
- Jonathan Adler Passport Case, $38, Nordstrom
- Crumbled Maps, $16.33, Palomar
- Out Of Town Luggage Tag, $12, Flight 001
- DIY Travel Bag, $22, Flight 001
- Dallas Texas Print, $18.50, Etsy
- Pastel Watercolor Soho Wrap Watch, $90, Le Mer Collections
- Skullcandy Earbuds, $9.99, Target
- Perforated Backpack, $68, Topshop
- Lemon Paper Soap, $9.50, You Smell
- Go Clean Stuff Bag, $16, Flight 001
Did we miss anything? Tell us all about your must-have travel items in the comments!
We love UK-export Topshop (who doesn’t?) but if we’re honest, they’re just not always in our budget.
Still, we spend a lot of time window shopping at Topshop and gaining inspiration for pieces we might buy at a slightly cheaper retailer.
But every now and then, Topshop will put some great pieces on sale. Today, we found the Checkered Skater Dress (over 70% off at $24), this super-summery palm print crop top (50% off at $48), and so much more.
Sizes are somewhat limited, depending on the item, but it’s worth spending some time with Topshop’s sale section – right now, they have a lot of great summer pieces. Let us know what you like!
Today, we’re so excited to share an interview Lilliana recently did with Century 21 Department Store in New York! Century 21 is a one-stop shop for affordable designer fashion, and a store that every Cheap Chica must shop at least once.
Click through to hear Lilliana talk about her personal style, 5 fall must-haves, and details on her first designer purchase:
Be sure to read the full interview and check out some of Lilliana’s favorite Century 21 pre-fall picks!
Now that we’re entering into the dog days of summer, staying cool and comfortable is most likely your number one priority.
Be as prepared as possible to beat the heat of late summer with a few must-haves that are as easy to wear as they are comfortable.With that in mind, we’ve rounded-up our favorite outfits and beauty products that will that will keep you cool, calm, collected…and cute!
- Lip Balm: Sun, salt, and chlorine can dry out that precious pout of yours, so don’t forget to re-moisturize your lips with Repair Balm by Meow Meow Tweet ($18), Brit + Co.
- Wear-With-Everything Dress: By this stage of summer, it’s pretty difficult to deal with anything outside of comfy-cool one-pieces. Luckily, this dress can be worn from day to night, no matter how high the temperature rises; Short-Sleeved Jersey Dress ($12.95), H&M
- Hair Ties: Keep your hair out of your face (and off your neck) with hair ties that will look just as cute in your hair as they will on your wrist; Emi-Jay Hair Ties ($6.50 for 3-pack), Nordstrom
- Flat Sandals: We love a good heel as much as the next Chica, but on really hot days, it’s all we can do to throw on a pair of flat sandals and make it to the pool; Payton T-Strap Sling ($9), Payless Shoe Source
- Wayfarer Sunglasses: Eye protection is paramount, but you already knew that. Shade your eyes in style with a classic pair of Wayfarers; LUKE Wayfarer Sunglasses ($14), Bluefly
Did you enter our Maidenform #CCFreebieFriday giveaway? Stay tuned – winner will be announced later today!
This week’s #CCFreebieFriday is a summer style essential… we’re partnering with Maidenform to give-away a 3-piece bra wardrobe that includes a strapless, convertible, and t-shirt bra for ONE (1) of our lucky FB fans!
Head over to Facebook for details on how to enter. And don’t forget to check out our favorite links of the week below. Have a great weekend!
100 great gifts for under $30. (Brit + Co)
5 wine bottle DIYs, in case you’re feeling crafty this weekend. (Design*Sponge)
If you prefer separates instead of a little white dress, check out this all-white summer look – perfect for a beach weekend away. (Sincerely, Jules)
The J.Crew x Catbird collaboration is now available for pre-order!
29 must-read travel tips. (World of Wanderlust)
Whether you’re stocking up on basics or are just on the hunt for a bargain, Old Navy is a pretty safe bet for high-style, low-price buys.
Old Navy also frequently hosts great sales. In fact, for the next 48 hours, everything at Old Navy is 20% off – meaning that their already affordable prices are now even lower.
We love this very on-trend athletic inspired skirt (now $19.95), this floral poplin sundress (now $23.95), this pair of suede slip-ons (now $18.35), or even some new white skinny jeans (now $11.99).
You have until Thursday, July 24th at 11:59PM EST to stock up on summer wares or pre-fall pieces. The code to know is FASHION.
Happy shopping, Chicas!
Without a doubt, the dress of the summer is the little white dress (LWD). In a world of print and pattern, there’s something about an all-white look that feels fresh, modern, and clean.
While a little white dress is perfect for the mid-summer heat, the right dress will work just as well come the early days of fall when paired with some nude booties and a light cardi.
These 8 little white dresses have certainly caught our attention. Here are the top, Cheap Chica’s approved picks:
- Swing Dress by Little White Lies, 71% off at $53.35, ASOS
- Flippy Jersey Tunic Dress, $20, Topshop
- Maia Eyelet Cotton Dress, $88, Nordstrom
- Crochet Trim Dress, 38% off at $24.99, Mango
- High-Low Strapless Gauze Dress, 31% off at $39.99, Kohl’s
- Eyelet Poplin Dress, 42% off at $25.99, Gap
- Ivory Halter Crochet Maxi, 40% off at $20.97, Love Culture
- Embroidered Long Dress, 30% off at $69.99, Mango
If you haven’t noticed, we’re having a bit of a moment with shoes.
It’s just that summer sandal season is our favorite in the world of footwear, so we’re experiencing a teeny tiny shoe obsession.
Aside from our sale sandal picks, we had to share a few more of our faves with you. From ZARA’s always-amazing shoe selection to the chunky platforms at Prima donna, we’ve fallen hard for these 7 styles:
- Strappy High Heel Leather Sandal, $59.99, ZARA
- Fay 1 Lemon Yellow High Heel Sandals, $32, Lulu*s
- Dolce Vita Suki Hibiscus Color Block Single Sole Heels, $49, Lulu*s
- Delores Puzzle Heels, $35, Miss Selfridge
- Shiva Slingback Sandals White, $29.99, Prima donna
- Into The Wild CutOut Sandals in Coral, $34.99, Prima donna
- Lace Up Ankle Boot, $59.99, ZARA
Which pair is your fave? Share it with us in the comments!